While my husband and I were planning our wedding I kept hearing people talk about how things from their big day had taken over there houses after the wedding and I always thought they were just being a little dramatic.
When our wedding was over I actually tossed out my bouquet, sold my wedding dress and threw away my shoes…Im really not one just to keep things that have no everyday function or use, but the other day as I was looking around I may have realized just what some of those girls were talking about.
While sitting in our formal living room everywhere I looked was a small token from our wedding…It made me wonder how much wedding leftovers is too much???
1. Our Barbie and Ken wedding cake topper is in a shadow box on one of our bookshelf’s.
2. One of my husbands wedding converse shoes (that he is strangely attached to and in love with) is on one of our bookshelf’s.
3. On our fireplace mantle we have 3 photographs from the wedding.
4. These are on one of our bookshelf’s. The table numbers at our wedding were important years in our lives and we had 2 pictures from that year on each table in these frames…it was really cute.
5. This is a shadow box that is on one of our bookshelf’s as well. It has our invitation, my garter and one of our table numbers in it.
6. This is our china cabinet. In side it is our toasting glasses and some of our wedding china (which is my absolute most prized possession), on top of it are actually candle holders that we had at our table for the reception.
7. This is actually a brick from our church and the vintage brooch that I used for decoration on my bouquet.