OH MY GOODNESS!!!! My life is complete (or at least it would be if I stayed here…) http://www.palms.com/accommodations/las-vegas-barbie-suite/
The Palms Casino and Hotel in good ol Las Vegas now has a Barbie Suite and it is BEYOND AMAZING!!!! They have several fantasy suites in there hotel but this one is by FAR the best!!!! Now if I could just convince the hubby to not only spend the money but stay in a all pink Barbie room…lol. Too bad we are already married…this would make for an amazing bachelorette party!
inTown Photography’s site has a few new post…Check them out if you get a chance!!!! intownphotography.org
Hello everyone. I’m on here doing my second guest blog. I like to give you my two cents from time to time….Well as you all know we have two amazing little boys Dominick and Jaxson.
Jaxson just turned one a few months ago and had yet to get his hair cut. The Wife insisted on letting it grow, She would always say ” I want it to be like Tom Bradys.” I don’t even know why she would say this as she hates Brady. So we would bicker back and forth about getting his haircut. Finally on friday I convinced her to take him for his first little haircut. On the way to the barber shop she mentioned that we hadn’t even discussed how we were going to get it cut, So me being me I suggested that we get it cut into a little fohawk and needless to say she agreed and now he has his first little hawk.
I asked her probably 100 times later that day if she regretted cutting it at all and she told me no and the she would do it again. He is like a totally new little boy. Here are some pictures from before and after. Please vote in the poll and let us know which look you like better and ladies please listen to your man he isn’t always wrong.
Ok…So by now everyone knows how much I love my leopard print heels and I have found another awesome pair. These are alittle on the punk rock side and I would love to be able to say that I would only wear them in the bedroom for my hubby to be a little wild but I cant even lie….I would wear these everyday if I could!!!!
They are the Sam Edelman “Roza” spike pumps! You can find them at Bloomingdale’s for $295.00. (I know, I know…they are out of my budget too but I had to share them!!!) Here is the link to them; http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=559485&CategoryID=17397
brown zebra rug, catolog, damask rug, home decorators collection, mirrored cabinet, Pottery Barn, The emma studio tufted sofa, The Maharaja chair, The reflections lyra cabinet, tufted sofa, wood accent chair, woodgrain rug, woodstock rug
OK…Who the heck knew about this place and didn’t tell me???? I received this catalog the other day in the mail and didn’t really pay it much attention…judging a book by its cover it looked like another sub-par Pottery Barn look-alike store so I was taking my sweet time to actually pick it up…That just shows me that you can’t judge a book by its cover!!! I love this store now! Page after page I just kept finding things that were absolutely amazing, unique and some things were actually surprisingly cheaper than at old PB. I am already trying to persuade the hubby into making our first purchase!!!
Here are some of the great things they have….
The Emma Studio Tufted Sofa, $239.00 (Yes I said it…only $239!!!)
The Hand Carved Maharaja Chair, $191.00. The detail work on this is amazing! It’s a real conversation piece.
The Reflections Lyre Cabinet, $639.00 but this piece will MAKE a room!!!!
And they have an AMAZING selection of rugs MUCH cheaper than PB…
Here is the link to their website, I hope yall like it as much as I do!
If your going to go out in the rain…go out in style!!!!
These are the Coach “Tristee” rain boot. You can find it at Bloomingdales for an affordible $118.00. Here is the link: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=562632&CategoryID=20911
bowles farm, bunny man bridge, caspers sastle, fall activities, ghost tour, halloween activities, haunted house, indian head Maryland, markoffs haunted forest, national harbor, old town alexandria va, pumpkin patch, safe trick or treating, serenity farms, southern maryland, trunk or treat, Virginia ghost stories
So by now I’m sure that anyone who has read this blog knows that in our house Halloween is a big deal!!!!
I always look forward to fall and Halloween activities in our area, it seems that there is something for everyone. Living in a small rural area definitely has it benefits when it comes to community activities and events. I wanted to share some of our favorite local places to go this time of year just in case anyone is in the area and needed to be pointed in the right direction!!!!
1. Bowles Farms. Clements, MD - www.bowlesfarms.com This is our absolute FAVORITE pumpkin Patch and is located right inside of St. Mary’s County in Clements, MD!!! They have so much to do and the pumpkin prices are awesome!!! There is a small fee to get in but compared to some other places that we have been it is very cheap and well worth it! You have to let the little ones play in the “corn” box, it is Dom’s absolute Favorite thing and he looks forward to it every year.
2. Markoff’s Haunted Forest http://markoffshauntedforest.com/ This one is for adults only!!!!! This is a very well-known area haunted attraction and will make even the bravest pee their pants! They have two locations; one in the National Harbor right outside of D.C and one in Dickerson, Md near Baltimore. If you are looking to truly be scared and maybe have some nightmares for a while then this is the place for you!!
3. Serenity Farms; Caspers Castle. Benedict, MD- http://www.serenityfarminc.com/pdffile/kasper2010.pdf This is a great “haunted house” for kids! Even the big scardy cats that we have love this one! They do a great job of making it all about the kids. The admission fee is $10.00 and covers a tractor ride, petting zoo, caspers castle, a treat bag, a pumpkin, and face painting, it is a GREAT deal for your money. We always try to make it to this, it is a community favorite and has been going strong for 17 years! Make sure to bring your jackets though because this is right on the water!!
4. Ghosts and Graveyards tour, Old Town Alexandria, VA- http://www.alexcolonialtours.com/graveyard.html This tour is so much fun!!! This is something that the hubby and I try to do just the two of us every year. You will walk through the streets of Old Town Alexandria in the dark with your group and a guide and hear a fantastic mix of ghost stories and fighting history. Make sure you take your jacket to this one as well, it too is right on the water.
5. Bunny Man Bridge, Lorton VA- This is a pretty well-known haunted area…the hubby is really into it and I am WAY to scared to ever go so I will let him tell you about it……
Ok so here goes Bunny Man Bridge isn’t really much but a one lane tunnel that leads to a small bridge. It should really be called Bunny Man Tunnel because that really is the scary part. There is a lot of different stories about BMB but I will give you my personal encounters. The first time I ever made it out to BMB was on a late fall night probably my junior year of high school. To get back to BMB you head down this very dark windy road which in itself can be pretty creepy. Well the friend I was riding out there with his truck was acting up so we were a little worried about breaking down. Going down the road leading up to BMB we kept seeing little rabbits running across the road which is sort of ironic. So you get to a T intersection and when you make the turn heading towards BMB it’s about 500 yards or so till you hit the entrance to the tunnel. So we make the turn and start slowly heading down to BMB. We stop about 200 to 300 yards away from the tunnel and the whole tunnel lit up. At first we thought it was from the headlights of a car but we waited and no car came through and that is when we noticed two shadows on the inside wall of the tunnel on was the size of an adult and the other the size of a small child. These shadows were heading thru the tunnel towards us. Once the second shadow disappeared off the inside of the tunnel the light went out. Needless to say we hightailed it out of there and didn’t head back. Here is a link where you can read some of the stories and even take a look at the tunnel for yourself, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man
6. Trunk or Treat, Indian Head MD- This is something that our town does every year in an effort to keep kids safe and off of the streets in the neighborhoods. Local homeowners and businesses volunteer to provide candy in the Village Green (FYI:The Village Green is kind of like a large park and town center, mostly all of our towns activities are held their). The organizers have all of the volunteers back there cars into designated areas side by side in two large U’s and all of the kids walk from car to car and collect there treats. People get really into in and decorate their cars and for businesses it is a great advertising tool because they can hand out their business cards with the treats so when parents go through the candy they will find them! Last year was our first year going and it was run so well and Dom came home with more candy then he could have ever gotten in a neighborhood and in a much safer way!
barbie wedding cake topper, brick from church wedding, custom wedding converse, garter, heelsandhome, pink wedding heels, rhinestone wedding heels, vintage wedding brooch, wedding china, wedding decorations, wedding leftovers, wedding pictures, year table numbers
While my husband and I were planning our wedding I kept hearing people talk about how things from their big day had taken over there houses after the wedding and I always thought they were just being a little dramatic.
When our wedding was over I actually tossed out my bouquet, sold my wedding dress and threw away my shoes…Im really not one just to keep things that have no everyday function or use, but the other day as I was looking around I may have realized just what some of those girls were talking about.
While sitting in our formal living room everywhere I looked was a small token from our wedding…It made me wonder how much wedding leftovers is too much???
1. Our Barbie and Ken wedding cake topper is in a shadow box on one of our bookshelf’s.
2. One of my husbands wedding converse shoes (that he is strangely attached to and in love with) is on one of our bookshelf’s.
3. On our fireplace mantle we have 3 photographs from the wedding.
4. These are on one of our bookshelf’s. The table numbers at our wedding were important years in our lives and we had 2 pictures from that year on each table in these frames…it was really cute.
5. This is a shadow box that is on one of our bookshelf’s as well. It has our invitation, my garter and one of our table numbers in it.
6. This is our china cabinet. In side it is our toasting glasses and some of our wedding china (which is my absolute most prized possession), on top of it are actually candle holders that we had at our table for the reception.
7. This is actually a brick from our church and the vintage brooch that I used for decoration on my bouquet.